Sunday, March 25, 2012

Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy


I just got my rez to go to see Barbarella at the Dino De Laurentiis Film Festival at USC. Free tickets, but I wonder if I can get around the $8 parking. I'm planning on catching Conan the Barbarian after to get my money's worth. Can't wait.


Usually I want to avoid spoilers, but reading any Barbarella plot summary is really LOL-worthy.

From imdb:
"There, she encounters such objects as the Exessive Machine, a genuine sex organ on which an accomplished artist of the keyboard, in this case, Durand Durand himself, can drive a victim to death by pleasure, a lesbian queen who, in her dream chamber, can make her fantasies take form, and a group of ladies smoking a giant hookah which, via a poor victim struggling in its glass globe, dispenses Essance of Man."


From rottentomatoes:
"he then spends the rest of the film discovering the joys of interstellar sex with a keeper of feral children (Ugo Tognazzi), a blind, beatific angel (John Phillip Law), and an inept revolutionary named Dildano (David Hemmings)."

It also stars Anita Pallenberg!!

No comments:

Post a Comment